The current Sheriff is Kenneth L. Tregoning. The CCSO divides the county as two districts: North and South. There are three bureaus:
- Field Services Bureau-
- Civil Division- consists of civilian constables that serve criminal and civil writs
- Patrol Division- consists of Road Patrol, K-9, Traffic Enforcement, and Community Affairs
- Investigative Services Bureau-
- Court Division- provides security for the Circuit and District courts, as well as prisoner transportation.
- Criminal Division- provides investigative services for major felonies (e.g., homicide, rape, etc) through Criminal Investigation. It also manages the Drug Task Force and the Warrant/Fugitive Team.
- Child/Family Division- provides victim services through Carroll County Advocacy Investigative Center (CCAIC), Child Support Enforcement, Domestic Violence Advocacy, and D.A.R.E..
- Management Services Bureau-
- Support Division- provides service to the Police Academy, vehicle maintenance (Fleet Services), Supply, and Training
- Administrative Division- provides financial services, human resources/recruiting, public information (PIO), and Applicant Investigations.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.