The Laurel Police Department (LPD) is a nationally accredited, full-service police department servicing a population of 21,945 persons within 3.8 square miles of the municipality of Laurel, MD. The LPD also maintains its own emergency communications (dispatch) and temporary prisoner detention facility. 
The current chief of police is David Crawford. The LPD is divided into four divisions:
- Office of the Chief of Police- responsible for the day to day activities of the department and is accountable to the mayor of Laurel.
- Patrol Division- is responsible for maintaining the lawful integrity of the city. The division subdivides the city into four patrol beats and also maintains the agency's K-9 unit(s).
- Investigative Division- is a dual unit division:
- Criminal Investigation Unit
- Special Enforcement Unit
- Services Division- is the support division of the agency and contains the property/records sesction, fleet maintenance, public information, city code enforcement, and animal control among others.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|